Yukon Workers' Compensation Health and Safety Board

#1 - Ask us a question or tell us what you want to do

#2 - Then click

Ask us a question Close

Your Library is your private area on this web site that lets you collect pages and documents for your reference. To view your Library and add new content to it, you need to be logged in.

If you've already set up your Library, click here:
Log In Now
If you need to set up your Library, click here:
Set up your library Now

Want to know more? Learn about your Library

Add this page to your library Close

Did you find this page helpful?

Did this page present the information you expected?

Please tell us a little bit more about what you think:

Tell us how we can improve this page Close

What is Optional Coverage?

If you are a sole proprietor, business partner or owner of a non-incorporated company and find yourself injured on a worksite, you probably won’t qualify for worker’s compensation.

If that concerns you, sign up for Optional Coverage.

The Yukon Workers’ Compensation Health and Safety Board offers coverage for employers like you.

The minimum annual assessment premium is $150. But you must purchase coverage that accurately reflects your real earnings.

If you are injured, time-loss benefits will be the lesser of the coverage purchased and in place at the time of the injury or based on your actual proven earnings up to the Maximum Wage Rate. (Income from concurrent employment will be considered, if applicable.)

Coverage expires at midnight December 31, and must be renewed every year.

If you are interested in Optional Coverage, fill out this application form.

If you have any questions, please contact us Monday to Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.

Phone: (867) 667-5095
Toll Free: 1-800-661-0443
Fax: 867-393-6279
Email: WCHSB-assessments@gov.yk.ca