Employer's Payroll Return and Contract Labour Report (EPR)
Each year, registered employers are required to submit a report of their previous year's payroll and contract labour costs along with an estimate of the upcoming year's payroll. This is done using the Employer's Payroll Return and Contract Labour Report (EPR) form.
What is an EPR for?
The payroll reported on an EPR is used to calculate the amount an employer is required to contribute to Yukon’s workers’ compensation system for the upcoming year. It’s also used to finalize the previous year’s payroll. Employer contributions ensure there are sufficient funds available to care for workers who are injured or become ill in Yukon workplaces.
Receiving your EPR
Every December we print an EPR form for each registered employer. We mail it to the address we have on file.
All registered employers should receive this document by mid-January. If you haven't received it, or if you misplaced it, we can send you a new copy. Call us at 867-667-5645 or 1-800-661-0443, or email WCHSBfirstname.lastname@example.org to ask for one.
When are EPRs due?
Employers must submit their EPRs by the last day of February. Employers who submit after the deadline are subject to a late filing penalty and interest charge.
Submitting your EPR
EPRs can be submitted online, by mail or fax, or in person.
- Click here to submit a scanned copy of your EPR online
- Mail to 401 Strickland Street, Whitehorse YT Y1A 5N8
- Fax to 867-393-6279
- Drop off at 401 Strickland Street in Whitehorse, Monday to Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., or use our 24-hour Mail Drop at the front entrance.
We offer a wide range of payment options.
- Online banking (TD, BMO, CIBC, RBC or Scotiabank)
- Use your 10-digit customer number without the dash or any spaces.
- Cheque or money order
- Cash or debit card
- In person only at 401 Strickland Street in Whitehorse
- Credit card
- Over the phone (867-667-5645 or 1-800-661-0443) or in person at 401 Strickland Street in Whitehorse
- If we already have your credit card number on file, we will continue to use it unless you tell us otherwise.
Payroll estimates and actuals
When employers submit their EPRs, they estimate their payroll for the coming year based on the best information they have at the time. We understand that things can change during the year.
Employers reporting estimates have until the end of the year to make a revision to their payroll estimate to avoid an underestimating penalty. Note that if this revision is made after September 30, no payment plan option is available for the increased assessment. The employer will be required to pay the full premium assessed on the revision immediately. To revise your payroll estimate, please call us at 867-667-5645 or 1-800-661-0443, or email WCHSBemail@example.com.
If you have questions about your EPR or need help completing it or submitting it, call us at 867-667-5645 or 1-800-661-0443, or email WCHSBfirstname.lastname@example.org.