Yukon Workers' Compensation Health and Safety Board

#1 - Ask us a question or tell us what you want to do

#2 - Then click

Ask us a question Close

Your Library is your private area on this web site that lets you collect pages and documents for your reference. To view your Library and add new content to it, you need to be logged in.

If you've already set up your Library, click here:
Log In Now
If you need to set up your Library, click here:
Set up your library Now

Want to know more? Learn about your Library

Add this page to your library Close

Did you find this page helpful?

Did this page present the information you expected?

Please tell us a little bit more about what you think:

Tell us how we can improve this page Close

Employer's Payroll Return and Contract Labour Report (EPR)

Each year, registered employers are required to submit a report of their previous year's payroll and contract labour costs along with an estimate of the upcoming year's payroll. This is done using the Employer's Payroll Return and Contract Labour Report (EPR) form.

What is an EPR for?

The payroll reported on an EPR is used to calculate the amount an employer is required to contribute to Yukon’s workers’ compensation system for the upcoming year. Employer contributions ensure there are sufficient funds available to care for workers who are injured or become ill in Yukon workplaces.

Receiving your EPR

Every December we print an EPR form for each registered employer. We mail it to the address we have on file.

All registered employers should receive this document by mid-January. If you haven't received it, or if you misplaced it, we can send you a new copy. Call us at 867-667-5645 or 1-800-661-0443, or email WCHSB-assessments@gov.yk.ca to ask for one.

When are EPRs due?

Employers must submit their EPRs before the end of February. Employers who submit their EPRs after that will be fined for late submission.

Submitting your EPR

EPRs can be submitted online, by mail or fax, or in person.

  • Click here to submit a scanned copy of your EPR online
  • Mail to 401 Strickland Street, Whitehorse YT  Y1A 5N8
  • Fax to 867-393-6279
  • Drop off at 401 Strickland Street in Whitehorse, Monday to Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., or use our 24-hour Mail Drop at the front entrance.

Payment Options

We offer a wide range of payment options.

  • Online banking (TD, BMO, CIBC, RBC or Scotiabank)
    • Use your 10-digit customer number without the dash or any spaces.
  • Cheque or money order
  • Cash or debit card
    • In person only at 401 Strickland Street in Whitehorse
  • Credit card
    • Over the phone (867-667-5645 or 1-800-661-0443) or in person at 401 Strickland Street in Whitehorse
    • If we already have your credit card number on file, we will continue to use it unless you tell us otherwise.

Payroll estimates and actuals

When employers submit their EPRs, they estimate their payroll for the coming year based on the best information they have at the time. We understand that things can change during the year.

If you’re a registered employer and your actual payroll during the year varies from your original estimates, please call us at 867-667-5645 or 1-800-661-0443, or email WCHSB-assessments@gov.yk.ca. We want to ensure that the contributions you’re making to the workers’ compensation system are appropriate. If you don’t let us know about changes to your payroll, there is a risk you may be fined.

Verifying EPR information

Be sure to maintain accurate accounts of your payroll, other earnings and payments to contractors, subcontractors and contract labour.

Our Employer Services branch regularly conducts audits of employer records to verify the payroll information reported on an EPR is accurate.

Employer responsibility

It is the employer’s responsibility to contribute to the workers’ compensation system in Yukon. Employers cannot deduct these costs from workers’ wages. Doing so is illegal and risks prosecution.


If you have questions about your EPR or need help completing it or submitting it, call us at 867-667-5645 or 1-800-661-0443, or email WCHSB-assessments@gov.yk.ca.