Yukon Workers' Compensation Health and Safety Board

#1 - Ask us a question or tell us what you want to do

#2 - Then click

Ask us a question Close

Your Library is your private area on this web site that lets you collect pages and documents for your reference. To view your Library and add new content to it, you need to be logged in.

If you've already set up your Library, click here:
Log In Now
If you need to set up your Library, click here:
Set up your library Now

Want to know more? Learn about your Library

Add this page to your library Close

Did you find this page helpful?

Did this page present the information you expected?

Please tell us a little bit more about what you think:

Tell us how we can improve this page Close

How do you decide how much I pay?


We assess you on the gross earnings of your workers, regardless of time worked, up to the maximum assessable payroll, which is set annually by the Yukon Workers' Compensation Health and Safety Board.

You can find the current maximum assessable payroll here.

Your business will be classified and placed in the appropriate industry category. That industry category will determine your insurance rate. Your employees’ duties have no bearing on your rates.

Industry rates are reviewed every year. You can find the industry categories and rates here.

There is a rare exception to the industry category system. The Yukon Workers' Compensation Health and Safety Board may “super-assess” employers who, over time, demonstrate such poor safety records that their claim costs significantly exceed their assessments.

The annual assessment you owe is based on the industry rate and your estimated payroll for the coming year. (Please monitor your payroll. If you have underestimated for the year, you are expected to revise it and pay the added premiums to cover your employees. If you have overestimated your payroll, you are entitled to a refund.)

Your coverage is automatically renewed on January 1. You are required to estimate your payroll on the Employer’s Payroll Return.

Your premiums compensate injured workers, paying for their loss of earnings, medical aid, rehabilitation and the cost of managing their claim.
The Yukon’s public health care system does not cover medical bills for a worker’s compensation claim. The Yukon Workers’ Compensation Health and Safety Board pay the bills.