What You Can Expect
Employers and workers have the right to:
- a fair and impartial determination of any issue arising out of the Workers’ Compensation Act or the Occupational Health and Safety Act
- appeal the decision of an adjudicator, employer services officer and safety officer
- privacy and confidentiality
- be treated with sensitivity, fairness, compassion and respect
- courteous and considerate treatment from YWCHSB employees
YWCHSB employees have the right to:
- courteous and considerate treatment from clients, stakeholders and co-workers
- work in a safe and healthy environment
Contacting us by phone:
Monday to Friday, between 8 a.m. & 5 p.m.
867-667-5645 or toll free 1-800-661-0443
If you call outside business hours, your call will be forwarded to our answering service. We will call you back the next business day.
There is an on-call Safety Officer available 24-hours a day for serious incident or injury reporting. Please call 867-667-5450 or toll free 1-800-661-0443.
Contacting us by fax:
Forms and other related material sent to us by fax will be treated appropriately and confidentially. Some of the material you may wish to fax would include, employer payroll returns, workers’ and employers’ reports of injury/illness, doctors’ reports, and other forms.
Web or email:
Mail or in-person
401 Strickland Street
If you decide to visit our offices, our main reception desk can provide you with information about our services and/or can put you in touch with a staff person to assist you with your situation.
We encourage you to make appointments, ahead of your visit, so you can be assured of meeting with the person you have come to see.
During regular business hours, we have private interview rooms available, desks and phones to assist in filling out forms, and a wheelchair-accessible washroom.